1 July 2021
The Frauenkirche Dresden is open to its guests. Protecting the health of all guests and employees is a top priority.
The Frauenkirche Dresden Foundation therefore responsibly implements the requirements resulting from the current regulations of the Free State of Saxony, the city of Dresden and the Evangelical Lutheran State Church of Saxony to contain the coronavirus.
The following general protective measures apply:
- All guests and employees keep a minimum distance of 1.50 m. This is particularly important when entering and leaving the church building.
- A signposting system has been set up.
- Only seats marked as such may be used.
- The number of guests who can stay in certain areas of the Frauenkirche / take part in certain events may be limited.
- For some events (e.g. concerts) registration stating the name and availability may be required.
- Please enter the church individually or only together with people you live with.
- People who belong to a risk group (existing medical condition, age group, etc.) are advised to postpone their visit to the Frauenkirche.
- It is mandatory to wear a medical mouth and nose cover when visiting the church. It can be lowered once you have been seated (services / concerts only). Clergy and artists do not have to wear a mask.
- Please strongly observe the rules of coughing and sneezing.
- The duration of events and the number of participants are limited. The required distance regulations also apply here.
- Please expect changes to how things were done / organised before corona (e.g. shorter duration of events, fewer participants). There is currently no Holy Communion and no guided tours are offered.
- It is currently not possible to use the lift for ascending the dome.
- Sanitary facilities are only available to a very limited extent at services and concerts; the hygiene regulations applicable there are shown and must be observed carefully.
- The cloakrooms remain closed.
- Disinfectants are available at the main doors used.
- Doorknobs and handrails are regularly disinfected.
- Signs and displays show all regulations.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
Stiftung Frauenkirche Dresden